( Don’t forget the test at the bottom! )
A: qing wen, zhe shi shenme?
B: wode tou.
A: ei ei, shao deng. na zhege ne?
B: wode toufa.
A: hei se.
B: shi de. nide shi huang se. wode bi
nide chang. nide hen duan.
A: ei, shao deng. tamen shi shenme?
B: wode yanjing, bi nide xiao.
A: en, danshi yan se shi yiyang de.
B: wode erduo. nide hao da.
A: ei, shao deng. zhege ne?
B: wode bizi. zhe shi wode zui.
A: na zhege ne?
B: wode shou. mei zhi shou you wuge
shouzhitou. ni kan, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
A: ei, shao deng. zhe shi shenme?
B: wode tui.
A: a, mingbai le. xiexie, en.
B: ni hao qiguai!
© 2021 oliverlanguages.com
Did this lesson help you?
你看，1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
1. The Chinese character for the verb “ ask ” is a combination of which two words?
(A) person + want
(B) door + see
(C) see + mouth
(D) mouth + door
2. How do you write 稍等 with pinyin, and what is the most literal English translation?
(A) xiao dang / a bit wait
(B) shao deng / a bit wait
(C) shao deng / one moment
(D) shao dang / a bit wait
3. How do you write “head-hair” with Chinese characters, and with pinyin?
(A) 头放 / tou fa
(B) 头发 / too fa
(C) 头发 / tou fa
(D) 大发 / tuo fa
4. How do you write “yellow color / black color” , with Chinese characters, and with pinyin?
(A) 黑色 huang se / 黄色 hei se
(B) 黑色 hei se / 黄色 huang se
(C) 黄色 huang se / 黑色 hei se
(D) 黄色 hei se / 黑色 huang se
The Chinese character for “black”, 黑 (hei), is a combined character. On the bottom you see four little stripes. They stand for the character 火 (huo) , which means “fire”. Obviously, fire is what gives almost everything a black color.
5. The Chinese character for “yellow”, 黄 (huang), is a combined character. In the middle you can see the character 田. This character has been explained in an earlier lesson. How do you write 田 with pinyin, and what is its English translation?
(A) tian / field
(B) li / force
(C) nv / woman
(D) ma / horse
The Chinese word for “eyes” is 眼睛 （yan jing）. Both of these combined characters begin with 目（mu）, which means “eye”.
6. How do you translate 比 in this sentence?
我的 比 你的 长。
(A) longer than
(C) compared to
7. How do you write these Chinese characters with pinyin, and what is their English translation?
长 / 短
(A) duan = long / chang = short
(B) chang = short / duan = long
(C) duan = short / chang = long
(D) chang = long / duan = short
8. How do you write this sentence with characters?
Your head is bigger than mine.
(A) 你的 头 比 我的 大。
(B) 你的 大 比 我的 头。
(C) 我的 头 比 你的 大。
(D) 你的 头 比 我的 头。
9. How do you write “ the same ”, with Chinese characters, and with pinyin?
(A) 一羊 / yi yang
(B) 一样 / yi yang
(C) 一洋 / yi yan
(D) 一徉 / yi yang
10. How do you write this sentence with characters?
His ears are very big.
(A) 你的 耳朵 是 很 大。
(B) 他的 耳朵 是 好 大。
(C) 他的 耳朵 是 大。
(D) 他的 耳朵 好 大。
11. How do you write these parts of the body in pinyin?
“ nose / mouth / ears / hair / eyes ”
(A) bizi / zui / erduo / yanjing / toufa
(B) zui / bizi / toufa / yanjing / erduo
(C) bizi / zui / erduo / toufa / yanjing
(D) bizi / zui / erduo / toufa / yanying
12. The Chinese character for “mouth” is a combined character. What is the meaning of its first character on the left?
13. How do you write “ shou zhi tou ” with Chinese characters, and what is the English translation?
(A) 手指大 fingers
(B) 走能大 hair
(C) 手指头 fingers
(D) 定很头 ears
14. What do these Chinese characters mean?
腿 / 手 / 嘴 / 鼻子
(A) hand / nose / mouth / legs
(B) legs / nose / hand / mouth
(C) mouth / hand / legs / nose
(D) legs / hand / mouth / nose
15. The character for “legs” is a combination of three characters. The one in the middle is 辶 （chuo）, which means “walk”. Which other character for “walk” was explained in an earlier lesson?
16. What is the English translation for this sentence?
她的 姐姐 不 明白 他的 弟弟 在 做 什么。
(A) His older sister doesn’t understand what her younger brother is doing right now.
(B) Her younger sister doesn’t understand what his older brother does.
(C) Her older sister doesn’t understand what his younger brother is doing.
(D) Her older sister doesn’t understand what his younger brother is doing right now.
17. How do you ask “ Do you understand me? ” in Chinese?
(A) 他 明白 我 吗？
(B) 你 明白 我 吗？
(C) 你 明白 我 们？
(D) 她 明白 我 吗？
18. How do you write “ strange ” in Chinese, with characters and with pinyin?
(A) 奇怪 ji guai
(B) 大怪 qi guai
(C) 可怪 ji kuai
(D) 奇怪 qi guai
Learn Chinese online with these free Chinese lessons. This is best online Chinese course, a language course for beginners of Mandarin Chinese. Learn to speak Chinese, how to say, read and write or draw or type Chinese characters or signs (simplified) on the keyboard of your computer, MacBook, iPhone, Samsung, Android, tablet, Windows, iPad, Mac or telephone. Learn their pronunciation, meaning and English translation. The Chinese alphabet and its letters. Many dialogues with new words, grammar and conversation. In this lesson you will learn about the body. Learn Chinese with Oliver, the best way of elementary, intermediate and advanced Chinese learning online. This course offers you the best conversational mandarin lessons online. Learn Chinese online for free | This is the best online Chinese course for beginners. Chinese Learning online. Lesson # 11, Chinese conversation with English subtitles about the body. A Chinese conversation with English subtitles and English translation. Mandarin language course for beginners. Learn lessons with Oliver. Learn conversational Chinese with Oliver and his conversational mandarin lessons online. In this free and online elementary language course of basic Mandarin Chinese you will see many dialogues and conversation, and study the grammar, pronunciation, many new words and vocabulary. You will learn how to draw, type or write Chinese characters in these free chinese lessons online. This is simply the BEST conversational Chinese language course with many free mandarin lessons online. Learn Chinese online, free for beginners, with the BEST online Chinese course, and the BEST Chinese lessons.